A small-scale, safely-guided, in-person tour will take place July 20, 21, 22 and 23 at Discovery Farm Langham as a true “VIP experience” for farmers.
The Discovery Farm VIP Experience is designed to allow farmers to take in one full day of networking, prizes and exclusive programming while enjoying fun, interactive stations with industry partners. As an added bonus, the day will conclude with a happy hour featuring local beverages and musical entertainment from award-winning artist Doc Walker.
“This event is going to be a highlight for many that will create an atmosphere of learning and connecting with colleagues – something we’ve all been looking forward to this past year,” said Kaitlyn Kitzan, Business Development & Operations Specialist at Discovery Farm. “We had a very successful VIP Experience in June and we are so excited to once again bring the best agricultural knowledge to Saskatchewan farmers with the help of our station partners.”
Farmers who attend will be provided a golf cart to tour throughout the Discovery Farm site to individual stations according to an itinerary. Each station visit will deliver learning opportunities about practical solutions to ag challenges including:
- Best practices for applying nitrogen sources with KOCH
- Enhancing nutrient uptake with YARA Incubator Farm
- New and exclusive seed varieties with SeedNet
- Herbicide demonstration trial with Gowan Canada
- Hands-on piloting with Landview Drones
- SWAT Maps in action with CropPro Consulting
- Canada West Harvest Centre’s sprayer demo
- Decreasing seed mortality and improving soil biology with Taurus Ag
- Uncovering innovative new products coming to Western Canadian farms with AGI
- Seed Hawk precision air seeder demo with Väderstad
- The latest in agricultural science with Syngenta
- Insights from the Nutrien Ag Solutions Innovation Acres project
- Crop plot analysis with Alliance Seed
Tickets are $125 plus GST and can be purchased on Eventbrite or by calling 1-800-665-1362. Those who register will be provided with an opportunity to connect with industry leaders, colleagues and special guests for a truly personalized experience. Plus, each registration equals one entry into the METOS® Canada giveaway for a chance to win a LoRAIN-N weather station. This amazing prize includes a communication data plan for the 1st year, valued at $1,000!
A 50/50 draw will also take place in support of 4-H Saskatchewan and Ag in the Classroom Saskatchewan. Tickets are $5 and supports these important charities who are helping build up our next generation of young farmers.
Discovery Farm Langham would like to thank the following partners and guests for July’s VIP Experience: Alliance Seed, AGI, Canada West Harvest Centre, Conexus Credit Union, CropPro Consulting, Farm Credit Canada, Gowan Canada, KOCH Agronomic Services, Landview Drones, Loveland Products, METOS Canada, MNP, Nutrien Ag Solutions, Paddock Wood Brewery, Proven Seed, SaskCanola, SeCan, SeedNet, Syngenta, Taurus Ag Marketing, Väderstad, Wolf Willow Winery and YARA Canada.